Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Working in the Wild
 Backcountry Job Listings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Working in the Wild: Previous Topic Backcountry Job Listings Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  3:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Ladies,

MaryJane's Outpost has a Backcountry Jobs page which currently boasts 37 listings and includes some great ongoing jobsearch resources.

The web address is http://www.maryjanesoutpost.com/jobs/.

I'm going to do some digging and add to the list as new stuff pops up. Good luck finding your dream job for the coming field season!

Jen

Edited by - Jen on Mar 27 2007 09:37:16 AM

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  12:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A great comprehensive list of links to potential outdoor employers:

http://users.netonecom.net/~mlj/mlj/jobs.html

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Training in Sustainable Sciences Through an Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Rural Sociology(IGPRS)

Fellowship Opportunity:

Global warming, biotechnology, obesity and famine, loss of farmland, water shortages, organic and local food systems, the loss of rare animal species, fair trade coffee, deforestation, geopolitical struggles over oil and gas supplies, and desertification these are some of the major issues of our time. They raise important questions about how we should organize the relationships between people, society and the natural resources and environments upon which they depend. The Training in Sustainable Sciences Through an Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Rural Sociology (IGPRS), a new fellowship opportunity addresses these and many other topical issues. The program will cultivate a new and diverse generation of scholars committed to and capable of a broad understanding of the four primary dimensions of food and agricultural systems: social responsibility, environmental compatibility, economic viability, and production efficiency. The goal of the masters degree fellowship is to train skilled, engaged, committed scholars who will make use of and contribute to the food and agricultural system by engaging in basic and applied interdisciplinary research and policy making and analysis. It is targeted at two primary audiences: those wishing to pursue a career in food, agricultural, and environmental sciences; and those wishing to do further academic study and research on these topics.

Learn more...http://www.maryjanesoutpost.com/jobs/

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  08:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was checking out the listings at http://www.maryjanesoutpost.com/jobs/ and there are now *72* listings! If you're looking for a wild job - check these out... I hope you all find what we're looking for.

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  12:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just posted a few new jobs over on the job site - summer positions & student opportunities - great places to get your foot in the door. I'll keep 'em coming, and if anybody else hears of an opportunity, please feel free to post it!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

Go to Top of Page
  Working in the Wild: Previous Topic Backcountry Job Listings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000