marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  5:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like taking pictures and the majority of pictures I take are outdoors. I have a site where I post my pictures. Mainly sky pictures. I like clouds and sky-type pics for that site. Go to
www.traveller2.deviantart.com Enjoy. Marybeth

Being outside is being

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  12:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marybeth-

I have gone to your photo album. You pictures are great! I love how nature inspires us to capture its fleeting moments with a camera. The Sky is an amazing subject- literally there is never the same sky twice! I can’t wait to see what else you capture with your camera!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

blueberries in alaska
outstepping

109 Posts

Jo
hillsides of the Chugach AK
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  1:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueberries in alaska's Homepage  Reply with Quote
howdy to you...... my photo of Denali, actually it's sort of silly to take credit for pictures of Alaska, you cannot take a bad picture of alaska.............. I'm off to see Marybeth's.......

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  1:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo-

Beautiful picture! Alaska does seem like the artist's paradise!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  5:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Jo! So glad you shared the photo over here. If you've got more, I know we'd all love to see them (hint, hint). My hub & I have dreamed of Alaska for years. In '99, we almost took a job counting salmon at a weir on the Sturgeon River in SE Alaska, but USFWS wouldn't let us take our crippled dog into grizz country & I couldn't leave him behind. Doors open, doors close. Funny life...

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  06:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a Stanwood sunset. This was after a very angry and rainy day.Being outside is being

Edited by - marybeth on Apr 15 2007 06:51:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
outbound

37 Posts

Squaw Valley California
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  6:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sarah Blue's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those are some beautiful sky pictures, Marybeth. I especially like the ones that are dark and mysterious.

"i believe in god, i just spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marybeth-

What beautiful skies! I love taking Sky pictures since the sky is never the same twice. After the storm skies are always beautiful.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

blueberries in alaska
outstepping

109 Posts

Jo
hillsides of the Chugach AK
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  8:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueberries in alaska's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so many colors i the sky, very nice........ jo
Sarah, I love your quote, my sentiments.........
Go to Top of Page

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  10:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah, this was the sky before the sunset above. very dark & angry.

Being outside is being
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  12:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love a stormy sky - so much anticipation!
Great photos, MB. Thanks for sharing them here as well as on your blog.

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  1:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some pictures that I took out the front window of my apartment. My crabapple tree is starting to leaf out. As soon as I have a chance at the computer that has my camera program on it- I will post some pictures!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  7:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heavenly autumn evening - view from our front porch...

Go to Top of Page

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  07:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crossing the mighty Columbia at Vantage November 21, 2007. I have so many cool pics from my recent trip to Ritzville in Eastern Wa. MB

Being outside is being

Edited by - marybeth on Nov 30 2007 07:33:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  11:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahh, I remember that view well, MB. We used to live about 20 miles west of Vantage. One night, driving home late from MJ's Farm, I saw more mice crossing that stretch of road than I have ever seen in my life! No surprise, there were a few coyotes and owls too. Have you ever seen the sculpture of the ponies atop the cliffs on the east side of the I-90 crossing?
What were you up to in Ritzville?

Go to Top of Page

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  7:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the ponies. I believe at one time it was called 'Grandfather lets loose the ponies' I have walked up to the horses--great view. They have been so vandalized thank goodness you can't see it from the road. I don't remember the story about the artist and the ledgend of the ponies but there is one. What were you all doing when you lived over there? MB

Being outside is being
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  7:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, thanks for that picture! We were living outside Ellensburg - my hub was working for the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service there, I was momming & writing. Berry picking, elk hunting, etc, for about 2 years. A good time in life.

I'm sorry to hear about the pony vandalism - not sure we ever actually went up there. Thank goodness, like you said, they're still beautiful from afar. Here's a bit of background:

"The 200-foot line of life-size charging horses, the creation of David Govedare of Chewelah, Wash., captures a mystical spirit from a time when real wild horses roamed the steppes. Titled Grandfather Cuts Loose the Ponies, the scene symbolically re-creates the Great Spirit turning loose a herd of wild horses above the Columbia River's Wanapum Lake." http://blog.oregonlive.com/terryrichard/2007/09/wild_horse_sculpture_catches_e.html

More nice pics at http://www.murrayco.com/ponies/ponies.html

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

Go to Top of Page
  Outdoor Photography: Previous Topic Outdoor photos Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000