marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  04:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my garden getaway is a thing of the past I am afraid. I will have the bench by the pond instead of my great plans of before. My daughter and grand daughter have moved in for awhile and the dog kennel is going where I was planning everything. The plants are growing fine, though. It is ok I have lots of room to plan something else. The pond is looking better and better. My two little grandsons but some chairs inside the kennel and said there gramma you can sit inside. It is the name of the game--regroup. MB
PS here's how the little boys fixed up the kennel and what I see across from it before the kennel was put up, you can see where the kennel goes.----now if the dogs never use it I suppose I could.

Being outside is being

Edited by - marybeth on Jun 27 2007 10:05:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  06:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a program on HGTV where they used an old family canvas tent(like the ones we used before the nylon material was used) as their backyard getaway. They painted flowers or whateaver on it, decorated the inside like Clare did, set up stuff outside and around it. It was quite cute. Probably could find these things at thrift stores real cheap. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  09:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marybeth-

I am sorry to hear your getaway didn't go as planned, but it sounds like you are making it work for you :)

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  12:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flexibility is the key to happiness, MB. You're doing great! And it does look like you've got some gorgeous green space to work with. I see some inviting shadowy nooks in the distance....

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  5:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the second photo! The bunnies and the bright colored rocks tricked me for a second- I thought you had eater eggs lined up by your planter! I thought that was a cute idea!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  8:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grand-daughter and her great grand mother gathered the rocks near a park when Kylee went to stay a few days with the GGM. So they painted them. My little grand sons fixed up the dog pen , they even put planks to make a floor. they worked so hard and now the dogs get to use it. I just can't get too far from the house in case I am called. Such is life. MB

Being outside is being
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  4:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it cute what kids will do to help?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Idahogardener
outthinking

8 Posts

Mary Ann
Boise ID
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  7:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! Happy to be a part of the Wild Life/Outpost Life. I just got a review copy of OUTPOST and love it love it love it. After visiting Mary Jane's fabulous farm, checking out the tents and the delish outdoor claw footed bathtubs, and after yearning for years for an art studio, I am thinking I should go the tent cabin route and pitch one in my back yard. Viola! Art Studio and Camp all in one.

Where oh where do I get one of those tents?

Go to Top of Page

Idahogardener
outthinking

8 Posts

Mary Ann
Boise ID
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  07:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking about how much fun MJ's new book, 'OUTPOST' is......it reminded me of all our camping experiences at the Oregon Coast. We have a tent/camping/compound there with two fire pits, an outdoor kitchen, outdoor cupboards, outdoor shower and rustic accommodations. Twenty years ago we installed a hot tub-on-its-side type of sauna to go with our wooden hot tub. All this is tucked into the trees next to the beach. We had a cowboy coffee pot, you know, the old blue enameled type with the glass knob on top? We named it Pete-and-Re-Pete.

OUTPOST makes me want a vintage camper. NOW.

Not to mention the claw footed bathtub in the great out of doors. Now how much fun is that? And could it be any simpler to put together? I am headed out today to source a double burner camp stove.

Plus, I had to go to the garage to make sure my fishing gear was in order. I haven't fished in a couple years.......I think its time to join REEL Women.

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  1:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary Ann your tent/camping compound souds wonderful! We have a vintage camper that goes ontop of our pickup. Most of the time it sits off it since Jim insists we go tent camping most of the time. We use it mainly in the early spring and late fall when the weather is a little cooler. We took it to Priest Lake last fall to look for chantrelles. It was a godsend since it was a rainy cool weekend. I felt I was in the lap of luxury and a little harder for the grizzley bear in the area to get me: ) We still use the old Coleman white gas camping stove. We don't like the propane ones that you have to throw away the old fuel cartridges. Happy camping JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary Anne! Did you notice those lovely little golden-haired girls in the Outpost book? They're my daughters, Rita & Sophie! We had so much fun taking those pics last summer!!

I never thought I'd be a tramper (trailer camper ), but a few years ago during elk season in the Columbia Gorge (WA), we were doused with rain for days on end. On a drive into town for some dry food, we passed a little pull-behind camper for sale. On impulse, we bought it, but had no hitch on our Jeep at the time! The owner actually towed it up to our campsite in the Gifford Pinchot NF, and then we scrambled to get a hitch installed on our Jeep in Hood River before the week was up & we had to go home. Anyway, we had a great time in our new old camper; it's a 1960-something "Aristocrat." There's nothing aristocratic about it, but it does have the cutest aqua blue oven, which we've never used. The camper has served us well, even following faithfully behind us as we moved from WA to Arkansas. We had to beat ice sheets off of it in a Wyoming blizzard! Now it sits outside, waiting to be used for some summer tramping around AR...

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Outpost of Your Own: Previous Topic garden hideaway Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000