Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Outdoor Photography
 The Secret of Roan Inish
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Outdoor Photography: Previous Topic The Secret of Roan Inish Next Topic  

blueberries in alaska
outstepping

109 Posts

Jo
hillsides of the Chugach AK
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  3:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueberries in alaska's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just watched this movie again yesterday, favorite connection to the sea movie. Anyway it made me think of these seal photos I had taken, it was astonishing to sea so many seals giving birth all around......... beautiful...... we were in our boat, in all of the ice and there they were!

Edited by - blueberries in alaska on Apr 15 2007 3:48:11 PM

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  7:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jo-

What a wonderful experience. I really envy you being so close to the wildlife in Alaska. Alaska has such a diverse and unique eco-system- It is extremely high on my “must visit” list!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  11:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love The Secret of Roan Inish too, and stories of the Selkie myth. I often thought of it when we lived on the island in WA, surrounded by hundreds of harbor seals in the fog. I can still see those thoughtful, whiskered faces with glassy black eyes bobbing at the water's surface, studying us as closely as we studied them. Beautiful photo, Jo!

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Outdoor Photography: Previous Topic The Secret of Roan Inish Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000