Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Hunters' Camp
 Is poaching a problem in your area?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hunters' Camp: Previous Topic Is poaching a problem in your area? Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  08:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arkansas is notorious for poaching - either hunting out of season or killing more than the legal limit. Most people seem to feel it's their right to feed their families off the land, regardless of the law. Good for some, maybe, but not for all. How about in your neck of the woods?

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Edited by - Jen on Sep 25 2007 08:38:18 AM

Ladytrapper
outbound

32 Posts

Juanita
Nova Scotia
Canada
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  06:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ladytrapper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has become a problem in our area as well, but not for need of feeding families which is so bothersome. Some sell the meat which is illegal, other are "jacking" the deer and not being able to find them in the dark are leaving them in the woods dead or even worse ..wounded.
Bears are pouched as well...simply because people fear them.
And most of these animals are not being processed for consumption...
It's really sad...for we believe in using all or mostly all of the animal you harvest.
For the average Joe or Jane needing the meat to feed his/her little ones, I try not to judge, but they must remember the chance they are taking. Here in our province if you were to get caught, they can and will seize your vehicle, guns and a hefty fine of over $2000.
Lookin at it this way, it would be wiser and cheaper to go to the grocery mart or even better...raise your own meat.

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Edited by - Ladytrapper on Jul 08 2008 06:03:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  11:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree - it's those that kill (or maim) recklessly and without the intention to harvest the meat that are the "bad guys." It's hard to imagine how so many people grow up with such an underdeveloped sense of conscience.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hunters' Camp: Previous Topic Is poaching a problem in your area? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000