Author Wild Weather: Previous Topic How's your weather? Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fall chill is teasing us but seems to be sneaking in more regularly. It's blustery & rainy today - tshirt & jeans weather. The ground is drinking up the water with gusto. We've even had a resurgence of a few tomatoes, melons, and peppers!

Haven't felt the need to fire up the woodstove yet (probably need to clean out the pipe soon, though). How about you?

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  7:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A cold front blew in this afternoon, nudging deer, turkey & songbirds out to feed with urgency. We've kindled a few fires in the stove, but we're still flirting with winter weather at best.

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  05:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I awoke to a temperature of 21. Had to leave early to go to Spokane to hear Maryjane speak at a luncheon. First I couldn't open my car door because it was frozen--finally got it open and then it wouldn't shut tight. Drove down to the outbuilding to find Jim,holding the door shut while driving. Luckily he fixed it and off I went. Maryjane was wonderful as always. This morning it's much warmer and the snow didn't appear. Guess this is life in the North Country. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May sound crazy, JoAnn, but I miss that stuff. We'll get a taste of it in Jan/Feb, but I love winter & don't get quite enough of it here. Fall lasts a long time, though, and I can't complain about that!
Did Jim warm up your door & melt the ice? We used to connect a hair dryer to an extension cord to open stubborn car doors - worked like a charm!

Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  5:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We actually got a tidge of snow the other night, just enough to see it falling in the moonlight (and enough to rev me up about winter). Hey, northerners, if you only got about 3 mos of fairly mild winter weather, you might just miss all that bitter cold & deep snow too!
I love wild weather - reminds me of my ultimate powerlessness, which is comforting now & then.
Tonight, only drizzle...

Go to Top of Page
  Wild Weather: Previous Topic How's your weather? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000