Author Wild Weather: Previous Topic Rain/Snow Likely!! Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  7:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tonight & tomorrow! Wish me snow, girls - I can't face spring without at least a few flakes!! New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible tomorrow...

Remember: The National Weather Service website is a wonderful resource for trip planning, etc. You can type in your location, and you get the forecast, radar images, and weather warnings from the weather station closest to you. http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  10:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post caught my eye - because today we had just that - RAIN and SNOW!!! IN MAY!!! The MIDDLE of MAY!!!

It was just so strange that I had to bundle the boys up and take them out in it - I just couldn't believe it. I'm SO glad I didn't put the tomato plants out yet...

How's the weather for you gals - has spring "sprung" yet?

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  11:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a spell of nice weather and now it is cooler. At the end of the week it's suppose to warm up big time. May 88 by Sat! I'm hoping they are wrong because I got a bad rash (I think it's from the new concentrated Tide I was using)and it shows no signs of going away soon so short sleeves are out of the question : ( JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been strangely cool here, but no maliciously hard freeze like last year. It feels a lot like WA! But it's supposed to be sunny and 83 tomorrow!! Time to head to the creek...

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  9:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we hit the mid 80's today, and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! Here's wishing you all an amazing tomorrow!!!

And, JoAnn - here's wishing you a speeding healing. AND, I'll know not to use concentrated Tide! I have pretty sensitive skin to stuff like that, and I usually wash my clothes with Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds. It IS a detergent, not a soap, and it seems to do a great job. It's gentle, with sort of a mild, piney scent. Anyhoo - wishes for a speedy recovery!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

MS Farmgirl
outthinking

5 Posts

Karen
Como MS
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  09:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit MS Farmgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The weather in Mississippi has been wild this spring. I returned from a press tour on the Mississippi coast to find lightning had struck a nice, big old Oak in the side pasture. I am hoping despite the missing bark and two inch crack, somehow it might survive.

When I made the comment to a friend that at least it will make good firewood, he said "the old folks say a tree hit by lightning won't burn."

Anyone ever heard this wive's tale before? Course, I haven't tried burning any yet, so perhaps I've spoken too soon?

Mississippi Hill Country Musings
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  10:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never heard that one! I'll have to poll some of the old timers around here. We've got 3 gorgeous, huge oaks on a hillside next to the house that bear big scars from lightening - and they're still alive and well. I like to think of them as the old matriarchs of the farm.

Jen

Go to Top of Page
  Wild Weather: Previous Topic Rain/Snow Likely!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000