Author Campfire Tales: Previous Topic spine tinglies... Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  08:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you ever been in a wild place where you felt overwhelmed by eeriness? I've been within sniffin' distance of bears, cougars, and big bull moose, but that's not quite what I mean. There was this one place up Lolo Canyon in western MT where my hub and I both got chills for no apparent reason. It was really strange, but we hiked around there twice, and the feeling persisted. Bad vibes! Was it something that occurred there in the past? I don't know, but it was definitely eerie...

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  12:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES. There is this place by Red Rocks climbing area in Nevada that gives me the heebie jeebies. It's not like there is anything I can SEE there that is out of place, but it just has a feeling that makes me very uncomfortable and somehow super-aware of everything around there - like I'm expecting something to happen. Isn't that strange - those places and feelings? I, too, wonder what causes the "bad vibes..."

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  04:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We were houseboating on Dale Hollow Lake, KY. There are no houses on this lake - and it's huge too. You can go for days without seeing another houseboat depending on the time of year you go.

We were docked for the night. I don't know what time it was. We heard this sound pertty close in the woods - an animal sound. Mammal. My Mom who has grown up in the mountains had never heard it in her entire life. It was eerie but beautiful. Weird. Eerie because we had not idea what it was.

I've not been able to find out what it was. Back at the dock we learned that there are wild hogs in the area - don't think that was it. We think it was either a bobcat or a cougar.

In the morning there was a smell on the front of our houseboat like a cat had sprayed. A bit close for comfort!

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  5:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been walking in the forest before and walked into an area where I felt much how Libbie described it. A perfectly ordinary clearing with no special significance as far as I know, but I don't go there and wouldn't really want to spend time in the area for long! Isn't that weird how that happens?!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  06:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I get that feeling from a grove of pine trees.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page
  Campfire Tales: Previous Topic spine tinglies... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000