Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Kids in the Wilderness
 Please Say A Prayer....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Please Say A Prayer.... Next Topic  

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  12:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to invite you all to say a prayer with the world today, for all the children who are fighting for their lives and are not able to go outside to experience this beautiful day on our magical planet. My friends in Colorado are helping their baby girl Karissa go through her second open heart surgery in 2 weeks today and they need all of the positivity they can get. Please take a minute out of your day to give thanks for all that you have and send some good energy to all the children out there that need it.

I know their struggle all too well because at 3 months old my precious Joey had open heart surgery and now he will be 4 years old on Saturday! It is a long treacherous journey through surgery and recovery and to watch your infant go through it is traumatic, but also inspiring. He has completely redefined the meaning of strength for me.

So, as you go through your day today do not weep for those engulfed with struggle but learn from it, give THANKS and most of all, send some positive energy out to the world and to those children who only know the quiet reverence of strength.

Much love, Traci

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I am always aware how good my life. So many people have so many struggles. I was watching an episode of Extreme Home Makeover and the recipient a 19 year old was blind and in a wheelchair. He was the happiest, kind, inspiring, talented and loved person I have seen in a long time. He showed Life is what you make it. Happy healthy birthday Joey! JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
outthinking

7 Posts

Luna
Rineyville Kentucky
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit LunaTheFarmLady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A most happy birthday wish to your little guy and prayes and sweet light and energy to that brave little girl. And i thank you for reminding me to keep my gratitude and smile through the minor trials of my little life.

blessings

Lun

whereever you go, there you are...
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  12:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope Joey had a beautiful birthday weekend, Traci! What an amazing little fellow. There is truly nothing more inspiring than a child's innocent strength. The only thing that even begins to compare are those tiny, frail creatures like hummingbirds and monarchs who fly across the globe in the face of so much danger. I can hardly imagine what your family has been through - I'd say you're a pretty tough momma, too, especially to have remained so tender through it all.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  08:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ladies, we truly had a marvelous Birthday weekend. We played outside all day, went swimming and jumped on our big trampoline. Then Joey wanted wild turkey strips for his B-Day dinner (only an outpost kid would ask for that!:) so we had a scrumptious dinner and then played "cooties" and "spunky monkeys" the rest of the night. THEN, the next day we went crawdadin' on the Potlatch river and got to spend the day wading in the shallows, sailing boats, chasing buckets downstream(Mommy falling down on the slippery rocks, Joey thought that was pretty funny) and watching the thriving ecosystem of a creek. The minnows, crawdads, water skippers, periwinkles and birds!! Oh the birds, some I have Never seen before! Then we came home and had elk burgers and sweet corn on the cob. I couldn't have asked for a more special weekend with my family, just seeing the smile on Joey's face was all I needed.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and wishes, we are happy to say that baby Karissa made it through her second surgery with flying colors and is now smiling at her mom once again. Much love to all of you and your families. Traci
Go to Top of Page

Kuiu Kate
outbound

16 Posts

Bull Frog's Garden Headwater's Camp
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  3:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my!
I just saw this (still makin' my way around the site.)

I am so glad to read that lil baby Karissa's surgery went well and very best wishes for her speedy recovery!
And a belated happy birthday to Joey! (wild turkey strips! how cute!)
Sounds like a memorable weekend :o)

Out there Farmgirl Sister
"May I live simply, so that others may simply live" ~Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Ladytrapper
outbound

32 Posts

Juanita
Nova Scotia
Canada
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  05:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ladytrapper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
God Bless and take care of the precious little one...may God's hand be near and constant and the flutter of angel wings hover near her. :-)

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  07:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Joey had a true "outpost" birthday. What fun. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Please Say A Prayer.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000