Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Kids in the Wilderness
 Raising an outpost child
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Raising an outpost child Next Topic  

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  12:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While camping the other weekend, watching my son explore his surroundings, get as dirty as possible and just being free, I was overwhelmed with such a feeling of joy and pure bliss. I felt like I was doing exactly what I was put here to do. Seeing him follow an osprey with his eyes as she went back to her nest or picking up a huge toad and giggling as it wiggled in his hands and eventually went pee on him. Or, following a colony of ants as they walk single file on a mission to get their work done and watching in awe as some geese took flight. I realized in those moments that the things he was learning would stick with him forever and hopefully influence who he will become. I must say, it has made me one proud mamma and I feel so blessed to get to know him as he grows. Much Love to all the mammas out there raising outpost children....keep it up!!!!Traci

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  2:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Back at ya, Traci. It's comforting to know we've got "sisters" out there, sharing the wild mama vibe!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
outbound

25 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  6:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit LindaEllen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I second that Traci. Even tho I'm a grandma, you never get to old to teach kids what life is all about in nature and the wonder of things.

The simple pleasures are rewarding to all.

June Bug do you have a blog? I would love to see pic's of your camping. Bet it was a blast

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  08:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a blog at the moment Linda, it has been on my list of things to do for a while but I can't seem to find the time. I will definately post some pictures soon because there are some really cute ones! We had such a great time, I can't wait to do it again. Traci
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
outbound

25 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit LindaEllen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OH, I'll look forward to some pictures : ).

Traci you just gotta blog, its so much fun. It a great way to keep your own online journal sorta and keep you on track of that "TO DO list" thats sorta too!!! Plus others that read and comment, you get ideas and encouragement not to mention inspiring others as well. And remember every thing is blog material , lol.

I blog about grizzy poop from Canada one time :/

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  6:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda, I have been realizing that the most ordinary experiences really are better when shared. Even when it's grizzly poop! It just sends out an open, loving, common energy that this world definately needs more of. So, thanks again.
Traci
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  7:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Traci! One of the best things about our move is that we now have a safe yard to let Baby play in. She loves to get muddy and wet and I can't wait till I can get her up into the mountains! I just know she is going to love it too!

They say that we actually do remember everything-every little experience in our lives- and even if it is buried so deep that we can't access it- it still shapes and molds our unconscious mind. How great is it to feel that we are laying down a life long love and appreciation of the out doors?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Raising an outpost child Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000