Author Hunters' Camp: Previous Topic High country, here we come! Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm so excited to tell you all that this time next week, I plan to be living out of an old camp trailer in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range in Colorado's southern Rockies. It's been too long since my family has been in the mountains, and never in the 13 years Chris and I have been together have we taken a real vacation. It just so happens that the last out of state trip we took for the sole purpose of fun was on our first “date” exactly 13 years ago, when we decided spur-of-the-moment to flee our campus cares in Missouri and head West for the weekend. We've been flying by the seats of our pants ever since!

This time, we're bringing our brood of kids and dogs (an Arkansas caravan if I ever saw one)! Our primary goal is to live wild for a week—someplace where autumn is NOW, where there are no biting bugs or 90 degree days. I'm talking tree line. We'll be scouting for elk while we're there, and if we see good sign, Chris will buy an archery tag and hunt with his 2 little girl helpers close at hand. It would be an absolute blessing to bring home elk meat for the coming winter, but the experience will be a family keepsake either way.

High country, here we come!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

LindaEllen
outbound

25 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  4:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit LindaEllen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh you guys are going to have soooo much fun. Take lots of pictures and share , share , share

Hope you all get that elk and load up your freezer. You'll have to share some of your recipes too.

You know life is sure not boring when your flyin by the seat of your pants. I don't think I would want it any other way.

Good thoughts and prayers for a safe and fun journey.

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  7:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a great time--what an adventure. Can't wait to see the pictures. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  7:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a perfect get away, Jen!!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey girls, I just updated my blog with some Colorado pictures. Nothing too artistic, just good memories on film. If you get a chance, take a peek:
http://www.bovesboots.blogspot.com/

Jen

Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
outbound

25 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  12:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit LindaEllen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great pictures Jen. I love the one with your three cuties in the back seat and your trailer home (tin can) being pulled behind. Brings back memories when our three kids were that age. Oh the memories and knowledge your children will have to share with their children some day, and oh does someday happen in a hurry, so enjoy while they are little cuz they do grow up fast. Then you get grandbabies to do all over again : ).

tc linda Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hear you, Linda Ellen - I am trying to soak up every bit!!

Jen

Go to Top of Page
  Hunters' Camp: Previous Topic High country, here we come! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000