Heritage Farmstead
outthinking

7 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  8:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have lurked around a little bit, and would love to get in on the conversations. I posted a few nights ago, but then for some reason was not able to get logged back in....? I'm an about to be 36 yr. old working Mumma of two delightful wee ones. My DD is 8 and my DS just started Kindergarten this week! I'm a farm girl from way back. We raised beef cattle growing up, while my DH grew up on a dairy farm. We are in the process of building our barn and will have a small herd of Suffolks and some chickens! Look forward to 'meeting' all of you!

Brenda Lee

Edited by - Heritage Farmstead on Sep 06 2008 7:33:18 PM

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  7:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Brenda Lee! I would love to hear more about your barn....how big is it? Any great summer adventures? My little one will start kindergarten next year. They grow up so fast! Anyway, welcome to the outpost!
Traci
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
outthinking

7 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Traci ~ Thanks so much for the warm welcome! We are currently living in town, where we have been for 12 long years LOL I can't wait to be in the country again! But, we have 12 acres that we are landscaping and preparing to build our dream home on. Our barn I THINK is 60x30. My daughter is an Irish stepdancer, so our summer adventures have pretty much been engulfed with competition. We're hoping to get started this weekend with painting the barn. Ofcourse not before we spend the day dancing on Sat.! Sun. will be the first FREE day we have had since the beginning of June!!! CAN'T WAIT! Maybe I could share some pics at some point. O, the next year for you will FLY. Enjoy every minute!
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  06:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Brenda Lee! Your Farmstead sounds great! I think that my baby will some day be interested in dance...I hope there is an Irish Stepdancer within driving distance. I love how it looks and sounds!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
outthinking

7 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  4:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Elizaray for the warm welcome! We've been dreaming and planning Heritage Farmstead for over 15 years now. One day I hope it all comes true! My DH works around the clock to provide extra money to maintain both our properties. His dream is for our kids to have as close to his childhood on the farm as we can. Though we will not be a dairy farm, our kids will get similar values while in 4H showing sheep, gathering eggs and doing chores etc. Your lil one will love the art of irish dance - our daughter has been step dancing for 2yrs and this year placed enough to move her all the way to Prize Winner. I'm hoping she will go to worlds and be our ticket to Ireland! =)

Brenda Lee
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  7:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's pretty cool Brenda Lee, it makes me feel better knowing that it takes everyone a while to get their own homestead going! We are going to the County Fair this weekend so that will be fun. I raised pigs growing up and I hope my son will be interested in raising his own animals one day. We go to a Christmas party at a 100 year old church house every year and there are three little sisters that do Irish dancing. It is fun to watch and it is neat to see kids involved in something that they love so much. How was the first week of kindergarten?

Traci
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
outthinking

7 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  8:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sure has been a long process Tracie! Hang in there =) We were supposed to build our home last yr., then I lost my job with IBM after nearly 15 years =( It was heart wrenching to plan so long and have it slip right out of our hands! BUT, we are thankful to the Lord that it happened before (and JUST before) we broke ground. We are moving on and still waiting for the 'right' time again. It will come... I'm just having a real hard time being patient! Our fair was last month, and o what fun it was. It is very small, homey and family oriented. We just love it. Have Fun! Kindergarten went very well, he loves it - thanks! We are very busy with Irish dance. Our DD has been in either competition or a show every weekend since June. It has been a very hectic schedule, but she loves it and we're so very proud of her!

Brenda Lee
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  4:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Outpost, Brenda Lee! Forgive my absence - I'm just getting settled in after our trip to Colorado, which was great!! Glad to see you here

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
outthinking

7 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  07:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jen!! Welcome back from Colorado, gald your trip was great. We hope to vacation there some day too. DH is a very avid hunter so his dream vacation is either Colorado or Montana. We're headed to Philidelphia in Nov. for our daughters Oireachtas. We'll be taking a little weekend getaway just here in NY next weekend, again for our daughters dance. So it's ALWAYS busy. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Brenda Lee
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
outbound

25 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  06:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit LindaEllen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Brenda Lee, I'm sorta new here to in the last month and so enjoy reading the adventures these Outpost gals get into. Lots of infor.

How wonderful that your raising your little ones to love the outdoors. It will be fun to hear of your adventures past and present. Post pictures when you can

tc linda Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
outthinking

7 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  5:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Linda! O, how I love reading through everyone's adventures. Ours for the weekend was getting our barn painted! I'm so very excited, it looks great! We still have windows and doors to put in, but being that we don't live on that piece of property yet, we thought it was smart to leave it 'closed up' for now. When we move up there we will put them in. They are all framed up, and we have 3 barn doors installed for access ofcourse but... that's how it will stay for now. Less to lock up and look after when we're not there. Almost time to wrap things up for winter. Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you again soon!

Brenda Lee
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  02:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again Brenda!

Sorry to hear that building the house had to be put on hold. We have had similar things happen to us in just trying to buy land. It IS frustrating, and a bit disheartening, but in the long run it has always turned out for the better. I hope this holds true for you and some how it will turn out for the very best soon!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  MaryJane's Outpost News: Previous Topic Howdy from NY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000