Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Kids in the Wilderness
 Exactly what will you do to get the kids outside?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Exactly what will you do to get the kids outside? Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little Miss loves to be outside, but so often day to day life seems to get in the way of quality outdoors time. Today is beautiful. Warm, slightly over cast and a gentle breeze is blowing. Yet, what am I doing? Cleaning the house. As always. And laundry is going as always.

So I have decided I am going to take my laundry outside to fold. I usually have a line up, but it came down when the weather got cold. I redirect the warm air into the house usually, but the weather has been playing games with me lately. What I wouldn't do for an all season clothes line!!

Anyway- what do you do to find ways to get the kids outside while still getting chores done?

Elizaray

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  11:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what you mean. Now that I've only got my littlest one at home (the 2 girls are both in school this year), it seems I should have tons of time to get outside. But, I always have some "pressing" domestic duty. Sigh...
So, I'm TRYING to take at least 1/2 hour during the late morning to take him out. If I have a chore to do outside, then he can play or help. Or, we just sit and pick at leaves and rocks. He loves it; I just have to make it happen.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Exactly what will you do to get the kids outside? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000