Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Off the Grid
 In case you're feeling holiday stress....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Off the Grid: Previous Topic In case you're feeling holiday stress.... Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a letter I got last night in response to my latest edition of the MJF Sisterhood newsletter...

We live in New Hampshire in the snow and cold and have just finished our sixth day with no electricity. Since we are on a well that means no running water. To water the animals in the pasture we had to break a hole in the ice covering the pond and bucket out pond water to carry down to them. At 3:30 it is already getting dark and knitting/reading by candelight makes 8 p.m. seem like midnight. It is so cold even with the wood stove that you can see your breath. I am sending this from a Red Cross shelter--we came over to take a shower. Thought that it might make all your stresses seem a little less. Have a real Merry Christmas--the way it is supposed to be. Love, Suzanne Bardin

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
  Off the Grid: Previous Topic In case you're feeling holiday stress.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000