Printer Friendly
Author Wild Weather: Previous Topic Woke up to Snow! Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  12:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living in the near mountains desert as we do, snow is unpredictable. There have been years where I thought my back was going to break from all the shoveling, and others where we counted a heavy frost as "snow" just so we could say we had seen snow that winter!

It has been unseasonably warm this January, at least here in the low country. But I woke up to snow this morning- after this week having been in the 40's to low 50's! Ugh! I knew it was cold when my heater was running all night and the house didn't get too hot! In fact it was rather cold this morning. But that is okay! I am making homemade soup from some stock I had in the freezer and we will all cuddle up and watch movies tonight!

What is the weather doing in your neck of the woods?

Elizaray

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  1:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, here in Northeastern WA we have been snowstorm free for awhile. The roads which had been icy especially on "The Hill" I have to clime to get home is bare of any ice. Going to town is not a challenge anymore. It's been overcast but today the sun is out and it turned colder. Stay warm and enjoy the soup. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Wild Weather: Previous Topic Woke up to Snow! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000