Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Welcome
 New from a rare island paradise in South Carolina
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Welcome: Previous Topic New from a rare island paradise in South Carolina Next Topic  

CharlotteHutson
outthinking

1 Posts

Charlotte
Edisto Island SC
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  3:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit CharlotteHutson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello. My name is Charlotte and I am an artist and I am living on a small island in South Carolina - Edisto Island. It has no stoplight or fast food and over half of the island is preserved through conservation easement or State Park (5000 acres). I am inspired by this incredible beauty and the history of my family on this island (grandfather 10 generations ago landed here and learned the languages of the Indians)I am living in a little RV named Rosy that I inherited, and I have one new red topped shed on my two acres and a new riding tractor with a big cart I can pull. I have a little garden (little!) but have an entire acre I would like to plant organically if I can figure out how to keep the deer out. (they love my rose bush but have left the tomatoes alone yay) My daughter sent me this link. Would love to get to know you all.

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Charlotte! It sounds like your little homestead is amazing! Do you have any animals? About the only thing I can think of that would really keep the deer out is a really high fence and/or a dog. Maybe some of those hornet traps where you put nasty meat and stuff in? I would assume that deer would not like the scent of that.

We don't have land yet, but when we do, I am hoping to be able to get a dog that will stay in the yard but chase the deer away at night.

I am going to have to look up your Island. It sounds beautiful.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic New from a rare island paradise in South Carolina Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000