Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Adventures Abroad
 Any camping trips yet this spring?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Any camping trips yet this spring? Next Topic  

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  11:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone dusted off the camping equipment yet? We haven't had a chance to go camping yet this year but I am really looking forward to finding some time to go. Nora hasn't been camping yet ever and I think she would really like the experience!

This spring has been unusually chilly can wet. I am glad that we are getting so much moisture. A lot of the forests around here have been suffering for years. I hope that the moisture really gets down into the soil and helps replenish some of the ground water that really keeps the mountains alive during the hottest parts of the summer.

How are camping conditions in your area?

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  1:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out a couple of times. On the way back from Steamboat Rock State Park our little truck camper broke down and we waited for the tow truck for over four hours. Luckily we broke down in a wide spot on the little country road, had cell phone service. And with the camper we had food, drink and things to read and do. Never go bored. Got towed all the way back to our house. The tow truck driver had never been so far north. When his dad called on the phone the driver said he thinks he was near Canada. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  1:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JoAnn- It sounds like an adventure! I hope the truck isn't broken too bad and is an easy fix! Especially this early in the season! How big is your camper? My mom would like to get one since she does a lot of craft fairs for her jewelry. I think it would be fun!

How was Steamboat? Was it really green already?

The sun has finally come out here after days and days of rain. It's making my feet itch even though I can't do much yet. I am still trying to get my strength back from having my tonsils out. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to go on a camping trip just yet! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The camper is up and running again and luckily didn't cost too much.Our "vintage" camper is very small--sits on small pickup truck.But it works for the two of us since we usually are outside most of the time. Steamboat was lovely but I sure wouldn't want to be there during the summer--it must be a zoo and they are currently constructing another camping area! It was very green yet they did have the sprinklers on. For those who don't know anything about Steamboat it is located in the Channeled Scablands in kinda central Wa--somewhat deserty but it's on Banks Lake which is quite large. Jim took an early retirement and we moved to Wa from MN almost seven years age and having the time of our lives--following our bliss you could say. Being retired means we don't have to go camping only on weekends. We usually check the weather and go during the best days. Normally we have the campground to ourselves: ) Alee get well and get camping!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  3:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you JoAnn! I appreciate it!

I am glad that your camper didn't take too much to get up and fixed! It's crazy to think about sprinklers running already! But then again we have had record setting amounts of rain here so my brain might be a bit water logged! LOL

How has the weather been in Colville lately? Have you guys been getting the crazy weather too or is it more normal?
Go to Top of Page
  Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Any camping trips yet this spring? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000