Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Kids in the Wilderness
 Babies in the outdoors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Babies in the outdoors Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  9:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I ever needed another testament to tell me that people thrive in the out doors- all I need to do is take my litte one outside.

She loves it! If she is crying or fussing, overly tired or anything she immediatly quiets when we go outside. She eats better and goes into her quiet alert stage (which is when they do the most learning) almost immediatly. Of course I try to avoid the hottest part of the day, but it is so much fun to watch her learning about the world when we tak walks in the morning and evening. Or even just when we change the springler around or let the dog out.

Just thought I would share!

Elizaray

Ellen
outstepping

124 Posts

124 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  06:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How great to see the delights in their joyful eyes! Now ya have to give us more reports on where ya are walking and what ya both see, hear, smell, and touch?
Blowing dandelion heads with the wind? Smelling freshly mown grass? Singing itsy bitsy spider? Putting a finger on a pill bugs and feeling them go all rolly polly?

The hot part of the day are great for lil squirts from hoses or water fountains, frozen fruit on the tongues, or ice down the back

Have you taken a quilt outside and made a tunnel cave tent?

I really enjoy rolling up in a quilt cocoon and laying out looking at the clouds and birds.
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  9:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know just what you mean, Elizaray. My wee one (just passed the 1-yr mark) has been reveling in the river lately. He likes to sit in the shallows--little naked buns smushed on the gravel--and splash & dig in the rocks. Perfect bliss!

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  12:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's Sam - serious about something!

Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  12:22:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Couldn't resist sharing this one too - river rats Rita & Sophie...

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my little one is just barely past the 4 month mark so mostly we just walk around and she is amazed at trees and the wind, dogs barking and cars passing. We walk around the neighborhoods around my apartment and go visit friends. We go to the garden and check on the tomatos and pull some weeds. We change the sprinkler, although I usually put her down to do that so she won't get soaked. We sit in the shade and just enjoy the clean air. Someday soon we will be exploring the world around us more. I hate the fact that I don't dare set her on the grass because it has so many stickery weeds. Grr.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never was much for grass with my wee ones either, and every time I tried a blanket, they'd just make a break for the edges. Do you have a kid pack?

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  8:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I have two "Snugli" packs. So I can wear her in front or in back. I don't mind grass if it is soft and not stickery with weeds. Unfortunatly this lawn has been pretty much neglected for who knows how long so it has lots of nasty weeds.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Ellen
outstepping

124 Posts

124 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  2:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing the fun. Cute kidlets! Looks like a great way to spend the day. Do you pack picnic snacks or when they get hungry time is up?
Do they have nets?
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  1:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Snacks are esential elements of a good outing! Sometimes I'll just grab a few apples and a block of cheese, which seem to soothe the savages.
We have a 10-foot seine, and the girls take turns helping seine up minnows, etc, for examination (or bait).
Chris (my hub) recently bought the girls their own fishing poles - and last week they both cast & caught trout all by themselves!

Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  09:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is so neat to watch your little one explore the world around them. It gives you a feeling inside that words just don't do justice. What I have been learning too is that they can handle more than you think. Last year my 2 year old caught a limit of trout all by himself! Of course the attention span faded a little but we just shifted to having him do the netting. I love being able to experience all of the simple things with him. I think that I have learned the absolute most in life from being a mother. Thanks Joey, mamma loves you.Traci
Go to Top of Page
  Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Babies in the outdoors Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000