Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Kids in the Wilderness
 Kids say the cutest things!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Kids say the cutest things!!! Next Topic  

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  10:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son is almost 4 and some of the things he says are just amazing. I've tried to keep a journal of it all because it's easy to forget when there is so much going on. Today we went outside and the first thing we hear is a bunch of magpies going crazy and he says to me, "Mamma, I think those birds are having a party!" I love it, and I would love to hear some other stories of kids doing what they do best....being cute.Traci

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  07:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are so darn cute. My 1st grader's end of the year award ceremony was held last Friday, and the top readers won guinea fowl! Only in small town USA, right?! So now we have a wee pair of guinea "keets" in with our 26 chicks. The girls kept calling them guinea pigs, and so we had to look up pics of both species on the internet

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only in small town USA, I love it!! Guinea "keets" huh, I had no idea. Do they look similar? Thanks for sharing JenTraci
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  2:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They do look pretty similar, Traci - you have to look closely to pick 'em out of the chick crowd. I've never owned guineas; all I know is that they're loud and they eat ticks. Here's a link with some info & photos:
http://www.homestead.org/Poultry/VictoraVarga/GuineaFowl.htm

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Kids in the Wilderness: Previous Topic Kids say the cutest things!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000