Author Reel Women: Previous Topic Reel (little) Women! Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  2:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My hub got the girls their own rods & reels a couple of weeks ago, and they have since caught rainbow & brown trout ALL BY THEMSELVES out of the White & Norfork Rivers. Grilled a bunch of big rainbows up the other night. Gives them great pride to actually provide food for the family!

(Yeah, that's me in the background, lounging in the shade with Sam )

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Aunt Jenny
outbound

35 Posts

Jenny
Manti UT
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  9:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it nice when the kids can all bait their own hooks and cast their own lines?? I LOVE that my kids all love to fish as much as I do...especially the girls! Yours are cuties!
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  05:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Jenny! A couple of weeks ago, Sam (my almost 2 yr old) caught his first fish. They were little long-eared sunfish & he reeled 'em up all by himself. He was so proud! Now he keeps going to the fishing poles, pointing and begging to go again.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  05:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 2 girls (7 & 10) They've both been fishing since they were little bitty things. My hubby insisted that they learn to fish on open reel fishing poles. No kiddie poles for them. It's funny to see them outcast some adults on the shore!

I'd love to take them to catch rainbow & brown trout! They would love that. Looks like your girls are having a great time.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page
  Reel Women: Previous Topic Reel (little) Women! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000