Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Adventures Abroad
 need another reason to move to Hawaii?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic need another reason to move to Hawaii? Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  07:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you need another reason to move to Hawaii - other than the fact that it's HAWAII - how about this: it's about to get greener. According to the Sierra Club, residents there already use less energy than almost anyone else in the country. Now the island state may become the first to require solar water heaters in new homes. My sister-in-law lives on the big island, so I wonder if she knows about this??

The Aloha State has good reason to take the lead on this kind of law. In addition to facing some of the most pressing consequences of climate change, Hawaii has electricity rates among the highest in the country. The Sierra Club Hawaii Chapter, which backed the bill, calculated that the water heaters could shave off as much as $1,000 from Kuau'i households' annual utility bills.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  08:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is SO awesome. It seems like it would be a wonderful inspiration if it's successful - a thing that might work well in the desert states, too...

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic need another reason to move to Hawaii? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000