Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  09:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to make sure you all had seen the newest information on MaryJane's "Outpost" book - here's a link to where you can order a copy when it's available: http://shopping.maryjanesfarm.org/s.nl;jsessionid=0a01074e1f430847d9aeaeeb472ab695c684a63c75e5.e3eTaxeKbh0Te34Pa38Ta38Ta390?it=A&id=1731

I can't wait!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  08:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know!!! And MJ says you can request a signed/personalized copy just by specifying it in the "comments" box that'll pop up on one of the ordering pages. Let me know if you try & have any trouble with all of that.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Idahogardener
outthinking

8 Posts

Mary Ann
Boise ID
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  11:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BE STILL MY HEART! I have already read my preview copy of OUTPOST, Unleashing Your Inner Wild,twice, from front to back. And today, I got my two other copies in the mail....they will be birthday gifts for two of my dearest friends....also fans of Mary Jane's.

I am trying to figure out where I can put a cast iron bathtub outdoors in my suburban garden.

Before I get too carried away, I am going to make up the Snack and Topping Blends on pages 186 and 187. I can get all the stuff I need at the Boise Co-op. I am thinking these will be good to have in the car. I already have a big bag of dried blueberries from Costco. Now for the peanuts.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  4:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it I got it. Be still MY heart. Being more of an outpost girl than a Farmgirl (except at heart) This book really speaks to me. Gotta go and look and read more. Luckily Jim is making supper tonight on the campfire. How appropriate is that! JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
outbound

35 Posts

Jenny
Manti UT
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  12:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can hardly wait for mine..should be here any day now!!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  11:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Oh - I absolutely cannot wait. I've checked the mail already today - not there - but I'll be checking anxiously every day until it comes!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
outbound

35 Posts

Jenny
Manti UT
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  7:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine didn't come today either...darn...hopefully tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
outbound

35 Posts

Jenny
Manti UT
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  1:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine came today..it came, it came it came!! I have made myself do some housework first (the UPS man came EARLY!! and then at 3:30pm I have an appointment to read it out in my patio room! Yay!!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
outthinking

1 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  08:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit willowtreecreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just finished reading it last night! Loved it!
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  1:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, soooooo, for you lucky girls who've gotten yours......what's your favorite part?!?

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took it to our cabin and read it there. What a better place to savor it than at our outpost. My favorite part??? Gotta think on that one. I did get interested again in quinoa. Found some red quinoa yesterday already had the white. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
outbound

35 Posts

Jenny
Manti UT
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  10:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh it is wonderful...I have loved it all..my favorite part would be hard to say...I loved the pictures and story about MJ's house burning down and her fixing up and moving into the little bunkhouse on her property..what can-do attitude!! And it sure is cute!!
I also loved seeing the vintage trailers and the fishing parts and gosh..the outdoor bathtub part and the neat leanto for the little girls and the hunting parts and the recipes..and...I can't choose!! I just loved it all. I am so so glad I got one right away! Loved seeing our Jen in there too!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  06:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jen you and the girls are so adorable in the book! To be featured in such a great book. How exciting. Have the girls brought it for show and tell yet: )JoAnn

Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  12:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We actually haven't gotten our copy yet! The girls are going to get such a kick out of seeing all of their hard work "come to life." They sweated and griped their way through A LOT of photos, but overall we made it fun by playing dress up, making our beloved tree swing (which is a bit weathered now, but still wonderful), and having a real lean-to tea party on our creek bank...

PS - Red quinoa is my favorite! Just fried up some organic bacon & fresh garden zucchini yesterday & ate them over a bed of red quinoa - yum!

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Idahogardener
outthinking

8 Posts

Mary Ann
Boise ID
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  12:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MJ's book is also available at Amazon.com. I went in and did a 5 star review of it. Some of you 'out there' women may want to do the same.....the rankings will help.

Go to Top of Page

blueberries in alaska
outstepping

109 Posts

Jo
hillsides of the Chugach AK
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  09:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit blueberries in alaska's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've really looked forward to this book. I feel like our lives are definitely an outpost here. We really do have to provide alot of our own food by hunting and foraging. We'll spend the month of Aug/Sept hunting for blueberries and our freezer will be full to the top by the end of September. That's not counting moose and boo!

I did an amazon order....... What I'd do for a zucchini out of the garden! We've had a 50/60 summer. Growing has been slow.

there's no place like home....

http://web.mac.com/thomja

http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/PhotoAlbum22.html
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
outthinking

2 Posts

Susan
Many LA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  7:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit NotQuiteJuneCleaver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And I am SOOO loving it! It is absolutely stunning. I have been re-writing my life goals in the past few months and living closer to the Earth was part of my plan. Since my Mom's passing, I have felt so out of sorts and lost ~ like I slammed my life's book and didnt mark my place. I had to start over. Maybe it was for the best. This is JUST what I needed. I am more than excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you MJ! You are just an amazing woman. I know you hear this all the time but I wanted to tell you again. From me, from the heart. You are inspiring me to renew my spirit, my focus, my goals.

My dear DEAR husband is taking me to a "cabin by the lake" for my 49th birthday next month. He said I needed the rest, the calm, the quiet. We will fish together and cook together and read to each other and just BE. This book will be so wonderful to read between now and then.

Blessings to you and yours. You are all loved. And please give Meg and Lukas a hug from me and a big kiss to Stella Jane! One of these days I am just going to hop a plane and come see the farm.

Edited by - NotQuiteJuneCleaver on Jul 08 2008 11:22:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 MaryJane's Outpost News: Previous Topic Check out "THE BOOK!" Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000