Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Welcome
 New here.. stopping in to say hello!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Welcome: Previous Topic New here.. stopping in to say hello! Next Topic  

LongTripGypsy
outthinking

7 Posts

Tina
AZ
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! My name is Tina. I am 43 and have a husband and 3 beautiful children. I got the MaryJanes Outpost book for Christmas this year! WOW!
I thought I was alone in my thoughts of getting out into the wild! I am so happy to have logged on and found you all here! Who knew!

TOO COOL!

The empty half of the glass is the room God gave us to grow.

sweetpea
outthinking

3 Posts

kim
gaylord MI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm new but i'v been a fan for years I have just gotten internet so I'm really new at all of this.. I am an organic farmer on 17 wonderful acres in northern MI. I am married and have 2 amazing grown sons.. We raise laying hens, meat chickens and piggy's and have a huge herb and vegtable garden. I have been looking for some unusual things and seeds to grow this year..
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  03:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  6:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies!

Welcome to the Outpost! Sorry I haven't been around for a while! Camping and outdoors things seems to go further from my mind during winter and the first rush to get my garden planted!

Tina you sound like you fit right in! I would love to learn more about you!
Go to Top of Page

LongTripGypsy
outthinking

7 Posts

Tina
AZ
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kim & Alee,
I would love to have chickens Kim. I had been looking into it on a very small scale since I live in the burbs, not so sure I can do it unless I was to get a special permit. I need to check with the city before I do any thing! ( like get them) he he! I too have a garden, small one but I love it! Although this year I'm doing just hurbs and onions.

Thanks for the welcome Alee, nice of you! this site is just awesome! I can't believe how many women there are with dirt under their nails! (so to speak) I love to work wood, garden, camp and just be outside! the best room in my house is the yard! Living in Az makes it nice to use the yard most of the year.

I had posted on "if I had a hammer" page that I had wanted to have a teardrop trailer built for my daughter and husband and I, but change my mind when I decided the I would rather inve st in something with a bathroom! What a good thing I changed my mind too... as we just found out that we are going to have another baby! so we went from 3 people in the house to gonna be 4! what a hoot!
who would have thunk it! :)

Love and Light,
TIna

The empty half of the glass is the room God gave us to grow.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  09:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Tina!! That is wonderful! I wish we could have another baby, we just can't afford it right now.

I would love to have chickens to but found out is is expressly forbidden in city limits in my little town. (How short sighted of them) so instead I pay $9 a month to have eggs delivered to my front door by a wonderful local lady that raises chickes both for eggs and meat. It is so nice to have farm fresh eggs.

I am a bit jealous of you extended growing season! It has been so windy here lately that I lost 90% of my tomato seedling that i had planted. Luckily I have another batch in the garage getting a bit bigger before I put them outside!
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic New here.. stopping in to say hello! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000