outthinking

2 Posts

Kathy
Tendoy Idaho
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  12:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

After receiving MaryJane's book "Outpost" and seeing there was a website as well I just had to look into it.

Im excited to be able to visit with others who are living "out there". You see my husband and I have just downsized and are now living on our ten acres (finally) in a little vintage trailer and wall tent.

The move has been a process first finding my wonderful old wood cookstove, then the wall tent. Then getting things constructed and in place. Things are starting to come together well now and we are so happy with our new life. There will still be many adventures ahead of us. First raising rabbits, gardening and soon to be added sheep for milk, meat and wool.

Well I just wanted to drop in quickly today and say hello. I will make sure to keep sharing with everyone as we continue this adventure. Its wonderful to have a place where people dont look at you and say, "your going to live how?"

Have a blessed day,

Kathy

Live life like the adventure that it is.

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You certainly are on a great adventure! Keep us posted--maybe we can revive this site. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

dirtdiva
outthinking

2 Posts

Kathy
Tendoy Idaho
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  1:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

Arrived home last night to find well drilling rig set-up to start drilling well YEAH. It will be nice being able to hand pump water instead of hauling it from in town for sure. This journey has definately been giving me a look into just a little of what strong women those that came before us were.

Starting to feel a little bit like fall here already so will start cooking more on the wood cookstove. This also means more baking to come as the stove will already be on. What it also means is that we will be spending a lot of weekends hauling, stacking and splitting firewood from here on. Kinda hoping all this will get me back in shape after being a desk jockey for so long.

Im glad to share this all of you as I know it will be a lot of fun and many laughable moments as well this first year living off grid in our wall tent.

Have an awesome day,

KAT

Live life like the adventure that it is.
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic Canvas Cabin Living Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000